Saturday, March 21, 2009

Chinchilla got injury


I accidentally stepped on my chinchilla a couple days ago (he was hiding under sheets) and he had 4 broken ribs on his left side and 2 on his right. He laid down on the floor right after the accident and didn't move at all. I thought it was critical for him because I'd never seen him doing that before. So he was taken to an emergency room in a hospital on campus and had diagnosis. He was kept in an oxygen cage and taken whole body x-rays. It costed $190 for the emergency examination and $500 for hospitalization. The good thing is he is too small to have surgery. If chinchillas were big enough, vets would asked me and charge more expense... Anyway, he is eating a lot and messing up his cage as usual now. He is just a chinchilla, but I learn a lot from him. I hope he will fully recover soon. The picture is taken before he had accident.

No comments: